Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Laptop Acer Aspire 4530

  1. As a result of bad experience with Acer Tech Support Centre and numerous complains about their Quality of Service
They agreed to replace my old laptop Acer Aspire 4520G with Acer Aspire 4530
It has:
  1. AMD TurionX2 Processor 2.1GHZ RM-72 1MB L2 Cache (Codename: LION)
  2. 3GB RAM DDR2 5300 667MHZ (Samsung chips)
  3. NVIDIA GeForce 9100M G Integrated Graphics (CUDA & NVIDIA PhysX-ready)
  4. 320GB WESTERN DIGITAL Scorpio 3200 BEVT 320GB(5400rpm/8MB/SATA) 2.5" HDD
  5. Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)(BroadCom)
  6. Wireless Adapter Atheros AR5B91 with Draft-N
  7. Nvidia MCP 77 NFORCE CHIPSET
  8. REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO
  9. LG DVD-RAM DUAL LAYER
  10. BROADCOM NETXTREME ETHERNET

It is superior over my previous laptop in everyway HAPPY and it is a cool black in colour

I upgrade the RAM to 4GB and here is the Windows Experience Index results



Processor:4.8
RAM:5.8
Graphics:4.0
Gaming Graphics:4.5
Primary Harddisk:5.3

This is a great performance for a sub 1K laptop =)

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I bought this new Acer Aspire 4530 laptop and I'm planning to install Windows Xp Pro in it.

    Can you please suggest the must-be-installed tools so that I could optimize my laptop better? (preferrably the cpu, battery and graphics)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note that Windows Xp doesn't detect the Nvidia Harddisk controller in AHCI mode.
    See hereYou have to install AMD Processor Driver See hereThe rest you can get them
    hereThe reason Vista is recommended because some Xp drivers are missing.
    Hence I recommend using Vista instead as it is better optimized for this laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weinter, how can one know that the ram installed is operating at dual-channel mode? (Given that the 2 modules installed are identical, PC2-5300 (DDR2 667mHz)

    I've tried using the CPU-Z, under the Memory tab where Channels # can be found, it does not say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CPUZ currently has issues detecting Dual Channel mode on this platform.
    This Nforce chipset laptop is not fully supported yet.
    As long as you have 2 identical RAM you have Dual Channel.
    You can also try checking using everest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My CPU-Z does not report that my 4530's ram is not in dual-channel mode. In running Everest, I further knew that my ram is in unganged dual-channel ddr2.

    My question is, can I switch the mode of my ram to "ganged" mode?

    By the way, my ram is 2 x 2GB.

    ReplyDelete